Random Server has several subdomains that either serve a web application, service, or just another section of the website. It's enough that even I sometimes have trouble remembering all of the different subdomains/services hosted on my website. So below is a list of all the subdomains, a short description of its purpose, and the software used.
- Description: Publicly hosts a collection of PDFs about cyber security, Linux, programming, etc.
- Hosted Using: Calibre Web
- Description: This subdomain contains configurations that I use to modify my terminal's style and behavior, both on my Mac and Linux devices.
- Hosted Using: Github Pages and Material for MkDocs
- Description: Can be thought of as a file server. It contains files that I don't actively want to advertise to people who visit my website but still want/need to be publicly available.
- Hosted Using: Apaxy
- Description: Publicly hosts an assortment of images, videos, gifs, and so on.
- Hosted Using: Lychee
- Description: Provides current and historical uptime of almost, if not all, of the subdomains of my website.
- Hosting Used: Uptime Kuma
- Description: My wiki, containing information about me, my website, and an abundance of other things.
- Hosted Using: Wiki.js
Public services are open and usable by everyone who has access to the website.
- Description: This subdomain is hosted using a piece of software called PrivateBin. It's an open-source online pastebin where the server has zero knowledge of pasted data.
- Hosted Using: PrivateBin
- Description: This subdomain is hosted using a piece of software called RSS-Bridge. It can generate RSS and Atom feeds for a list of websites that don't have one.
- Hosted Using: RSS-Bridge
Private services are closed to public registration and/or only usable by me.
- Description: Serves as the web interface for displaying, configuring, and managing the analytic tools used on my website.
- Hosted Using: Matomo
- Description: Provides access to an interface used to interact with and configure a Discord bot called MonitoRSS.
- Hosted Using: MonitoRSS
- NOTE: This subdomain is technically a public service, as anyone can log in, but it has been marked as a private service because it's essentially useless unless you've invited the bot (MonitoRSS) to your Discord server.
- Description: This subdomain is hosted using a piece of software called YOURLS. It's an open-sourced tool for converting long URLs into short URLS, similar to bit.ly.
- Hosted Using: YOURLS